We have TONS of Basil in our garden, and it is one of my favorite things (besides avacado, and jalapenos of course!)
Today I made this homemade pesto. and whipped up the most delicious sandwich with it! (post to follow)
Here is the recipe:
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Into the bowl of a food processor, add the garlic, basil leaves, pine nuts, Parmesan, salt, and pepper.
- Pulse until finely chopped.
- With the blender still running, slowly pour 1/2 cup of olive oil.
tip** you can freeze whatever you don’t use and have it for later!