I saw this recipe on MoneySavingMom.com the other day, and tweaked a few things to make it my own.
Things I did differently…
- I made 24 muffins instead of 18. My babies eat small portions and I dont like to waste. I cooked them for 5 minutes less that the recipe called for.
- I used dried cranberries instead of frozen fruit or chocolate chips. Hoke literally could live of of cranberries! After testing one of the muffins, it really reminded me of the Cranberry Vitatops that cost $14.45 for a box of 12!
- I used 1 cup of brown sugar and eliminated the stevia and sucanat
Here is the recipe for Portion Sized, Freezer Friendly Baked Oatmeal (the way I made it!) To view the original recipe look here.
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 5 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup flax seed, ground
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cup 1% milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, vanilla, and applesauce until combined.
- Add brown sugar, banana, and craisens
- In another bowl, mix oats, salt, baking powder, flax seed, and cinnamon.
- Dump dry ingredients into wet ingredients; mix well.
- Pour in milk and stir until combined.
- Spray one 12 and one 6 cup muffin tin with cooking spray or use cupcake liners.
- Scoop mixture evenly into muffin cups.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until the center of each muffin is set.
- Cool and enjoy — or freeze them in gallon freezer bags.
Nutrition Info with Fruit: Servings: 18* Serving size: 1* Calories: 155.7* Fat: 3g* Fiber: 3.7g* Carbs: 25.2g* Protein: 5.7g* Points+: 4* Old Points: 3*