I am a sucker for a good chocolate chip cookie…seriously… I am not ashamed to say that I have been known to replace meals with cookies. Just don’t tell my babies 🙂
I tried a new recipe this weekend and it they turned out to be delish! The beautiful green platter is from the Willow House Verde collection and can be seen here ($34.96)
Here is the recipe… Enjoy!
2 cups of unbleached organic all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
3/4 cups of organic unsalted butter, melted
1 cup of organic packed brown sugar
1/2 cup of organic cane sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips ( I used Ghirardelli )
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease 2 cookie sheets or line them with parchment paper
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt, set aside
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and cane sugar until well blended.
- Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy
- Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips using a wooden spoon.
- Drop cookie dough(about 1/4 of a cup at a time) onto cookie sheet. The cookies need to be about 3 inches apart. Makes about 18 cookies.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until the edges are lightly tasted.
- Cool on baking sheets for about 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool.