The Lemon Basil pasta is an adaptation of a recipe for Lemon Basil Spaghetti that I found on Faithful Provisions. Kelly adapted her spaghetti recipe from Giada from the Food network. Fresh and healthy!!
I first made the Jicama slaw when we received red cabbage in our CSA box a few weeks ago. This is also very fresh and healthy!!
Here are the recipes:
Lemon Basil Pasta-
I love the Dellalo Organic pasta (there is currently a $1 off coupon on the Whole Foods website). It is made in Italy on bronze plates, and is scrumptious!
- 1 pound of pasta cooked
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese (I like to grate fresh cheese. It really makes a difference!)
- 1/3 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice (or about 2 lemons)
- 1/3 cup olive oil (organic)
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil (I love to pick the basil from my garden as I am cooking)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups of thinly slices jicama
- 1/4 cup of thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar